Care and Maintenance of Concrete
Care and Maintenance of your Concrete Products.
Our concrete products are sealed with several layers of commercial grade sealer. The sealer will resist stains, but proper maintenance is important.
- For the first 4-6 weeks, do not leave any items on the concrete for prolonged periods of time, including dish or hand towels. Take extra care to wipe up any liquids immediately.
- NEVER use your sealed concrete as a cutting board. It can damage the sealer.
- Wipe up spills as they occur. Use a damp cloth or a natural cleaning solution. Take extra caution to wipe up highly acid liquids such as wine, vinegar, lemon juice.
- Use non abrasive cleaners. Abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads can wear down the sealer.
- Use coasters or felt pads below anything with sharp edges.
- Avoid putting HOT cookware directly from stove or oven onto surface. Concrete is heat resistant but you don’t want to damage the sealer.
- Maintain with coconut oil. Simply apply with clean cloth and wipe off. Indoor pieces do not need as often. Outdoor pieces and sinks need when whitening occurs.
- For several weeks after applying the sealer you may notice the concrete darken in areas where water or liquid contact the surface. This is normal as the sealer continues to cure.
- Thanks for choosing Wood and Stone Designs. We love to help you bring the natural beauty of Concrete and Wood into your home.
We would love to see picture of our products installed in your home. Please post on our social media page or email us at Corey@woodandstonedesigns.com.